The countdown to BrightonSEO has begun and we’ve been eagerly awaiting the day as we look to launch our latest project at the conference, Console Rocket. This new (and 100% FREE) tool offers the ability to enrich your Google Search Console data with better visualisations and innovative insights turning that data into rocket fuel. Stop by the Linkdex booth, E3 in front of the main auditorium, to take a look and sign up for your free account. Everyone who registers their account at BrightonSEO will be entered into our prize drawing to win a Google Pixel.*
We thought this was a good cause for celebration, so to help ‘Launch’ Console Rocket into the ‘Search Stratosphere’, we’re once again hosting the BrightonSEO pre-party at The Font. Make sure to register to reserve your drink tickets before it’s too late! We’ll have plenty of Linkdexers hanging around, make sure to grab one of us to walk you through either Console Rocket or the Linkdex platform!
We also noticed there were quite a few first-timers attending this year and remembering our first BrightonSEO many years ago, we thought we’d put together a few top tips to help you navigate the journey. Good luck and we look forward to seeing you all in Brighton!
Top tips for BrightonSEO first-timers
Top Tip — Download the BrightonSEO App, it has all of the ‘Need to Know’ Info!
- Make the train journey down from Victoria Station smooth sailing by purchasing your tickets in advance at Trainline
- Expand your knowledge with a BrightonSEO Workshop taught by some of the industry’s best!
- Make sure to have a solid dinner to build a good base for the pre-party
- Did someone say free drinks? — Make sure to register in advance for the Linkdex pre-party! Get there early & bring ID (Brighton law requires it!)
- Be on the lookout for the ‘karaoke krew’ I would highly advise avoiding them at all costs! ;)
- Bring your printed badge, you don’t want to get caught in this line
- Notable sessions on the day:
- Will Cecil — Developing an enterprise level SEO data strategy
- Neill Horie — SEO & Artificial Intelligence Optimization
- Sam Auchterlonie — How to hack your SERPs using a lean approach
- Scott McBay — Why your mobile experience sucks(!) and what it means for your SEO
- And of course, the keynote by Rory Sutherland, Are we creating a culture where it pays to be boring?
- Where to grab lunch? If possible, book ahead as any place within a 15 min walk from the Brighton Centre will be a mob scene!
- Take a quick mental break from all the amazing knowledge you’ll learn with a quick stop off at one of the various activity stations: Retro-Gaming, The Private Press Pop-Up Screen printing, Fiona’s Craft Session (Tye-Dye last year) Table Games w/ Kelvin’s Game Collection
- The AFTER Party is hosted by the amazing folks at Adapt Worldwide and kicks off at 7:30pm at Horatio’s Bar out on the Brighton Pier.
- When you leave the after party, I highly advise you stop by one of the various 24 hour Fish & Chips shops on King’s Road to soak up some of that alcohol. (You can thank me later!)
Sightseeing and activities around Brighton:
- SEA LIFE Brighton — No trip to the seaside is complete without seeing a few sea creatures!
- Snoopers Attic — Pick up a fun souvenir to take home at this vintage haven.
- Brighton Graffiti Street Art — Brighton is home to some of the best graffiti street art, if that’s your thing you wont want to miss it.
- Choccywoccydoodah — Satisfy your sweet tooth with a trip to the mothership of all confectioneries.
- Komedia comedy club — In case you didn’t get your fill of chuckles at BSEO, check out Komedia.
- The VIB (Very Independent Brighton) Foodie Tour — Munch your way around Brighton’s indy food and drink scene, it’s a great way to spend a Saturday!
- Drink Brighton Tour - If your liver can handle it, stick around on Saturday for a Brighton drinking tour that promises to ‘educate, scintillate and titivate your taste buds.’
For those BrightonSEO veterans, if you’ve got any additional tips or hacks for the newbies, please feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
Safe travels to all heading down, we look forward to seeing you next week in Brighton!